Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Bouncing Around

Its definitely Winter time. I can't believe we had snow this week. The kids have been spending more time indoors and have invented games and pretend play. We have had increased music time the last few weeks using rhythm sticks, ribbons, songs and chants. This not only teaches the children music but rhythm, the ability to follow directions, leadership, and some physical movement.
Our newest song we love.
We're going to Kentucky
We're going to the fair
to see the senoritas
with diamonds in their hair
Shake it baby, shake it
Shake it if u can
Shake it like a milkshake
and drink it from a can
Rhumba to the the bottom
Rhumba to the top
Turn around and turn around
Until you holler "STOP"

The children love this one, you can even ask your child to teach you the words and movements it will be sure to leave you giggling at the end,
It is so wonderful when you can see the children learning from each other. The other day I caught the children having a band. They had a leader and were copying movements and following each other around.



They even added costumes to their marching band making up their own songs as they moved to their music.

Every Year I host a Parents night out as a thank you to my wonderful families. This year with having a new baby I have never been so tired as we are still not sleeping through the night. This year I am going to have to cancel this fun night and instead I have made a special gift for each family that I will be handing out soon. I hope you enjoy it as I have worked really hard on it and the children can't wait to gift it to you. I hope they have kept the secret from you so far.

post signature

2 comments:

The Bolton Family said...

Aww! How cute!

I especially love the kid sitting at the table behind the picture of Colby with their finger up their nose! <3

I miss them all! I may have to come for a play date soon!

Cheryl Lee said...

Kaylie has been singing that song about going to Kentucky all this week. It had me cracking up especially when she was shakin' it! Thanks for sharing!